Backing Up Data on Android

Here's a quick howto to back up your data. I'm having in mind a particular case from previous post.


  • At Setting, go to Google in the Accounts heading 
  • Opt your account, that's [your gmail account]@gmail.com. There you see your apps. To ensure that their data is backed up, tick the box next to each one. 
  • Go back to Setting, then to Backup & Reset.
  • Opt for Back Up My Data.
  • I like to opt for Automatic Restore as well. It's pretty self explanatory.

That's it. Now for data, you have to copy them from their respective folders. That would be your including photos, videos, and music. Specifically, the folders you should copy are DCIM, Download, and Music. Som other folders are respective of the apps' name, Aldiko, Kobo, etc. Sometimes I put other ebook on a folder that I create myself.

Comments