xlive.dll problem on Windows 8

I was running BattleStations: Pacific on Windows 8 for the first time when I encountered this problem:

The ordinal 42 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\xlive.dll

Here's what I did:

1. Uninstall All Windows Games, there are two of them.
2. Install the older version of Windows Games here.
3. Run it. The program will require an update, it's about 30MB. Download and install it.
4. Then I ran the game. The game ran Windows Game Live.
5. I chose to create an offline profile.

Now I can play BattleStation: Pacific on Windows 8.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks my friend I can play it now
Author said…
Pleasure. It's satisfying to read comments, so thank you.
Anonymous said…
thanks man i can play it on windows 8 now
Anonymous said…
What do u mean by all windows games?
Author said…
Was referring to the game. You need to uninstall them first.