Forcing 4.3 Update on Your Nexus 4 and 7

My Nexus 7 was updated 2 days after Android 4.3 was released. It was neat. I didn’t know anything was going on, and after it had downloaded all the OS, it just prompted me to reboot to install the software. It was late and I was tired so I didn’t realize that I didn’t update the root, so I had a wonderful trip trying to root it back. Couldn’t do it with the same toolkit, not available for 4.3.
I’ve waited long enough for Nexus 4, so when I read about a way to force the update I was intrigued. Here it is in a nutshell.
  • Go to Apps in Setting. Opt of All Apps, that’s 2 swipe to the right in Apps.
  • Look for Google Services Framework then opt Clear Data. Yes, you read right, no need to go back. Clear Data.
  • Then you opt System Update in Setting > About Phone. Look, your phone thinks the last time it checked was in the 1970. Weird. Go Check Now. Your phone might update the 4.3, it might not.
  • If it didn’t, don’t despair. Clear Data again. No, it’s not a mistake. Some people need to do it several times. I did it 3 times. Then it downloaded the 160 something meg to update to 4.3.
  • That’s it.
Enjoy your 4.3

Comments

Anonymous said…
But wont updating it to 4.3 delete all your data I'm really worried it will please reply soon thanks in advance :)))
Anonymous said…
hi I'm really worried that my nexus 7 will be wiped by the 4.3 update please reply asap thanks in advance.
Author said…
I was in that situation also. My Nexus 7 demanded a reboot to update. It didn't delete my data at all. I think it could be because I opted for back up in setting > back up my data.
However, just for precaution, back up your data first.
Good luck and let me know how it goes.