Booting from CD in Asus S550CM

It was a little weird that my laptop didn't immediately recognize my boot DVD when I thought of something: you can shave a lot of boot time when you ignore all that and boot straight to OS partition. A little search and I found Asus already addressed that concern and explain how to do it. The same page also explains how to create your recovery disk and booting from the hidden partition.



[Updated July 21 2013]
Right, now if for some reason you can't choose DVD after you click Esc on boot, you should do this first:

Please enter the BIOS (press and hold F2 key when power on). Switch to “Boot” and set “Lunch CSM” to Enabled. Then switch to “Security” and set “Secure Boot Control” to Disabled. Press F10 to save and exit. Press and hold ESC key to lunch boot menu when notebook restart.

Found this in another Asus support page. This is pretty decent, considering I couldn't find anything else on the Internet on this matter.

Comments