Annoying lag in Windows 8.1

I was cautious and preferred not to update after reading that the Windows 8.1 update is only still in Preview edition. I was going to wait. Turned out Windows couldn't wait, it updated automatically and only told me that it was going to install the update, so I better close everything (not even any option to postpone). Naturally, I caved and closed everything. My computer was going bananas and I don't need anything deleted. I think I was working on a project and it was close to deadline.
Anyway, after restart, I noticed a lag in many task that this powerful laptop do. It's an Asus S550CM, pretty new, shouldn't have any noticeable lags in anything. Well it didn't, not before the update.

Now I can write a full sentence and the computer is still not responding.


Can't wait for the final version. Can't go back to W 8.0, Asus doesn't give you the serial number for your copy of Windows 8. I don't think Microsoft give serial numbers to any OEM copy of Windows 8, I think I read this somewhere.

Comments