Updating Windows 8.1

It was very exciting that Windows 8.1 is available for update. Microsoft sent an email to remind you that it’s available.

Email Microsoft

A quick look up reveals that it is a Preview version, it’s still somewhere in the Beta version. You’re actually suggested to refrain from updating on your main machine, which is pretty bad. By comparison, when MacOS or iOS is available for you to download, it is the “ready” version. You’re invited to upgrade, whichever user grade you are.

Whatever. For a lot of reason I still pick Windows over MacOS, so this is not an issue for me. I still want the newest toy, especially because it shows more than 1 apps simultaneously. Currently Windows 8 shows 2 and I like it very much. So can’t wait to see it. Went to my favorite cafĂ© to get a faster internet connection.

Looks like I have to wait some more. I can’t connect to Microsoft Store. Whatever, it’s not a matter of dead or alive. I can wait.

It’s just that, before Google, I can tolerate this more. After Google exist, I know that other IT service company can give me better reliable cloud based service, even if those services don’t carry any price tag at all.

So I’m fine with the wait, but more penalty point for Microsoft for me. You could’ve, you should’ve done better.

microsoft store

Comments