New tablet vs old one with root?

After spending some time with rooted tablets, I feel pity for users who don't have root access to their own tablet (it's ironic how little freedom you have towards your own tablet regulated by companies who sell them). I think most of that value currently comes from the ability to use multi touch gestures. I'm using GMD Gesture Control and found that gap that I used to envy from iPad, my son looks cool waving his fingers around. Now I enjoy that advantage over any Android based and iPad. I can customize so that gesturing a pinch with 5 fingers will kill (yes, I can kill that apps so that it doesn't have to run in background) any running apps. It's intuitive.
I can't understand why Google puts so little attention to multi touch. I'm restless that I don't have the capability to currently produce any apps.

Comments