Toot my horn, please

I can tolerate some ads on the RSS feed. They (the bloggers ) have probably invested a lot of resources to produce a free content, I'd be delighted to click one or two links just to pass them several cents.
However, today, I found my limit. Apparently some financing company thought that it's a good idea to run an SEO tournament of sort. I see one site now use a failed tag and a sort of slogan used on every post.
Again, I don't fault the blogger. I still think the content is useful. However, as a user/potential user, I have a negative perception towards the brand of the financing company. Having the feeling of the message being force-fed  to me, I began to associate the company with negative association.
I don't think that company is aware of the negative consequences this brings to its brand. Consumers don't respond well if they feel that they are being told what to do. The essence of an effective commercial is that it is subtle. Contradict that and you're playing with fire. You may be the next hot thing, or you might just get burn.

Comments