Annoying battery lifespan on Timeline 4810


The solution was BIOS driver update. The answer is solved here. Downloaded the new driver and got an extra hour. Right now, with balance power management I have 6:00 hours for 96% battery. A power saver power management gives a little more than 6. Better than what I bargained for.Running BIOS update

After using 4810T for 6 months, I changed to Windows 7. That was when it was on pre beta. It was inevitable, Vista was such a pain. Running on Windows 7, it was clear that the problem I had with speed in the notebook was mostly caused by the OS. However, one annoying little thing was, I lost the 8 hours battery capacity that I bragged around. It was dropped to a mere 4 hours. What happened?
It is not until much later, when the battery was down to it's 30% capacity and I had to change to a new battery that the question bothered me. I was using a new battery, why does W 7 still give me 4 hours?

Comments