Would you hit a glass keyboard or the real deal?

There is nothing that I don't like about the newer generations of smartphones. Touchscreen, slick animations, portable hotspot, all give me the powerful feeling that I can do whatever I want anywhere.
Whatever I want, anywhere, except typing.
Ah, here we are, the Achilles' heel. I've tried many screens. 2.8 (yuck!) 3.2, 3.5, 5, 7, 10, 10.1, I've tried punching all sorts of keyboards, either only with thumb of with all fingers. I can't type with ease on virtual keyboard. I can't type with the speed, the comfort and the confident that I usually have. I still have to look down and really watch where I'm putting my fingers on.
That's why, looking at this article, somehow I'm not impressed. I've tried hitting glass, it felt funny. I could swipe on it, I could draw on it, but I don't think typing is what I want to do on it.

Comments