Simple and to the point

So the AC was hot for quite a while. Being a good geek, I went Googled: Service AC Kramatjati (Kramatjati is a sub-division where I live). Nice to know that in this small area in the world, where people mainly sell fruits and vegetables, there are 161 thousands results on that.
This site came in second, it was the first site after an online community thread. I went to it. It was so simple.  I didn't like anything about it, it came in as cheap. But this is how I interacted with it.

1. First view, the largest fonts says SERVICE AC KRAMATJATI. Nothing to miss interpret, I know I was on the right site. Picture of a large AC confirmed it.
2. Second thing that I saw was the phone number. I hit the phone.
It was very effective, I had everything I needed in less than 5 seconds. I didn't have to hit CONTACT US or EMAIL US.
3. It didn't bother with the design. Let's face it, I came here because my AC was broken. Why would I care if your site is pretty or cool looking? Give me your number. I think maybe sites like these could even provide their own QR-Code, like so:
QR code
but then again I think this is only relevant to geeks with smartphones and QR Code readers available.
4. It had 2 bold sentences. First, it's open on holidays (except on Idul Fitri). Second, it's email. Just what I needed to know.

So was it an attractive site? Most people would say no, but most people who go to that site don't held attractiveness very high in their priority. They come in for information and information only (I'm thinking that sites that hold market price information are access for the same reason: people want to come in quickly, get the right information and get out as quickly as they came).
I think I was so attracted to these points that I just had to write about it.

Comments