Hungry electronics



It's the same thing everywhere, the first thing I look out for in cafes, restaurants even a local bakso shop: nearest power outlet. Nothing I last more than a day, now (long gone the days when my phones last 2-3 days between charging :o), that's not counting the laptop.
Luckily, some gadget manufacturers came to their senses and commit to universal power input format, these days we have USBs. I, too, have succumbed to this format that all my gadgets and future gadgets must obey this format, or at least can be derived to this format (say USB to whatever format) with no additional purchases.
That being said, I always appreciate any beings of USB charger that can take space as minimal as possible. This 4 USB port charger is okay, it can take up to 4 USBs at a time (so that's 2 phones and an iPod with an extra modem :D) and it is positioned to stay away from another power outlet. USD 6 is inexpensive, even to Indonesian standard. Of course, you have to add in a power plug adapter. This is sold around USD 10 around here, I'm pretty upset seeing it being sold for a mere USD 4 in Amazon (oh alright, the URL's here).
Another form of USB charger attracts me. It's called Flipit! The design is simple and brilliant. I envy that it only supports US power plug, I don't see anything that can be used in Indonesia yet. The flaw of the design is you have to have a power plug to detach the device to.

Comments