Sell Papers on Tablet

This is pretty interesting. Newspapers selling subscription on their apps by subsidizing tablets. I was thinking of doing that with a book publisher. Tablets are not all expensive these days, with more advance tablet coming in giving way to moderates tablets with more affordable price. I took a stroll in Ratu Plaza some weeks ago and was stunned by the number of tablets there are. If you're not picky and have budget around Rp. 1.5 million (USD 1 is about IDR 8500), there are some out there that are adequate.
Hm, I'm thinking of school that uses tablets for ebooks. Goodbye thick books. Sure it's not a practical solution right now, but I think when the price falls down to around USD 40, tablets are a must in replacing books. It's about time, anyway, books are boring, I always say. You do sort nor find.

ps: That's books as the physical form that it is right now, not books as the product of thoughts. I can never get enough of books, they just don't have to be paper based anymore. They should stop being paper. How many tons a person waste on paper up to college? I dare not think.

Comments