Martview Review

Come on, it's fun saying it. It rhymes.

Stumbled upon it just now, while dragging myself to work, overcoming a writer's block. Apparently it's trying to promote it's own file type, a mart type. Great, another one. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a lighter version of pdf anytime anybody can swing it. But get me one with editing capability, will ya? And while you're at it, get me one that is available elsewhere, that everybody else is using, too.

1. I'm fine with the appearance. It's fine opening a Mart file, but opening a PDF file, the rendering is pretty bad. And it sends you a warning about it, too, saying you're better off with its own file. Whaddya know, it offers you a chance to convert it right there. How convenient? Possibly, but I don't like to be shoved in something like that. You're a new file system to me, might want to think about dinner and a movie first, then I'll think about putting out :D I opened a PDF file and it didn't follow it's links. Too bad.

2. When you're opening a PDF, you generally want to read. So a good software would get all the unnecessary menus out of the way. This software's menus pops in when you put your pointer on the upper part, so that's good. I'd say the menu is about 1/12 of my screen's height (I wouldn't mind for a 1/10 height, but then again I wouldn't know how it would it would look on other than 16:9 14 inch laptop monitor). But more on this later. Also, there's a small gap between screen's top and bottom and the page opened. I wish they'd just eliminate the gap and enlargen the page. 

3. It has its own ebook store. I think all of them are free. You may even upload your own, too. But take a second look, ooh some are with copyrights. Not sure they're free :/

It is interesting that some still think that the flipping animation is a competitive edge (no, this is not sarcasm). I really want to figure out if that is a significant factor in reading a PDF (or whatever). I really enjoy downloading this software and learned so much out of this. Also, 5 thousands people already liked them on Facebook.

If you're interested, the link is http://www.martview.com/ 

 

Comments